Because this site is hosted in France, it is governed by French law.
I-Collection and use of personal information
The information that PNY collects about you:
Depending on the products and services you use, we collect various types of personal information.
- Information that you provide: We collect the personal information that you provide (such as your name, your user name or your e-mail address) if you use our products and services, register on pnypartnerhub.eu, fill out a technical support request, contact us, participate in promotional offers or sign up to a newsletter or a mailing list.
- Information about the use of our services and products: If you visit our Web sites, we may collect information about the type of device that you are using, the unique ID of your device, your computer’s IP address, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, user information, analytical information, browser information, session summary information, file attributes, and location information coming from and concerning the computers, telephones or other devices on which you may install or access our products or services. We may collect some of this information automatically. If so, our staff may use GPS systems, your IP address or other technologies in order to determine the approximate location of your device so as to allow us to improve our products and services.
- Third party information: We may collect information provided by third parties, including business partners and marketing agencies. This information may include your contact details which are supplied by business partners when we participate in joint marketing or co-branding programs, as well as your IP address or your location information obtained from service providers which allows us to offer products and services which are suitable for your location, and the information from your social networks for confirming your use of products from us, or your access authorization regarding our products or services.
How PNY uses your personal information:
PNY collects, processes and determines how to process your personal information in its capacity as processing controller for the following purposes:
- Processing and satisfying your requests, supplying, improving and developing our products and services: We use personal information in order to help us to provide, improve and develop our products, our services and our advertising.
- Communicating with you: If you ask us, and subject to your prior express consent, we (or any other PNY entity or any agent working on behalf of PNY entities) will send you information about our various products and services or other products or services which might be of interest to you. This information may include a system of alerts on product updates, special offers, updated information and other PNY products and services. If you no longer wish to receive notifications by e-mail for marketing purposes, please contact us so that you can be taken off the list of subscribers.
- Providing and evaluating advertising and targeted services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to customize your experience with our products and services and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Promoting security: We use personal information to help verify the accounts and the activity of users, as well as to promote safety, for example by checking for fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activities or violations of our terms and conditions or policies. This processing is based on the legitimate interest that we have of helping increase the security of our products and services.
II-COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
PNY Internet sites use “cookies” (limited size of file, usually consisting of letters and numbers, sent by the internet server to the cookie file of the browser located on your computer’s hard drive) which enables the browsing function. These “cookies” have the sole purpose of allowing or facilitating communication by electronic means and are strictly necessary for the provision of the online communication service.
You may delete or reject the cookies using the settings of your browser or your device, but in some cases, this may affect your ability to use our products and services.
III-DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information about you (such as your name, address, and telephone number) or about your order and the products that you have purchased, will neither be forwarded or sold to any external organization for marketing or canvassing purposes without your consent.
We share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as the Web site hosting company; electronic messaging services; marketing; sponsorship of draws, competitions and other promotions; audits; processing of payments; processing of customer orders; data analysis; customer support services; research and customer satisfaction surveys; and other services which help to sell our products and services. These companies are under obligation to protect your information and may be located at any place where we work.
Your information may be shared with other PNY entities, agents or partners who carry out services for PNY, such as PNY service providers, commercial sub-contractors and financial institutions. As appropriate, PNY will ensure that the information is used in connection with the services which these parties perform for PNY and that this information is kept confidential. PNY may transfer your personal information to sister companies in the United States, such as PNY Technologies, Inc. In order to provide adequate protection for your personal information when it is transferred to the United States, we have set contractual rules with our sister companies in the United States.
Legal compliance and security
PNY will only disclose your personal information in accordance with what is stipulated or allowed by applicable law, if this is ordered or required by a court or a governmental authority, and if need be in each jurisdiction, or to ensure that we are in compliance with our legal obligations.
We may disclose personal information if we believe that the disclosure is necessary or appropriate for the purposes of national security, for compliance with laws, or other issues of public importance.
We may also disclose personal information if we consider, in good faith, that the disclosure is reasonable and necessary for protecting our rights and for taking legal action available to us, for enforcing our general terms and conditions, for investigating fraud, or for protecting our operations or our users.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you are entitled to the rights described below.
- Right of access: you are entitled to obtain confirmation that your personal data are or are not being processed and if they are to be provided with the information concerning you.
- Right of rectification: you are entitled to have any inaccurate or incomplete information about you rectified.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you may, for processing which is carried out based on consent, withdraw the consent that you gave for the processing.
- Law of limitation of processing: you are entitled to have the processing of personal data suspended while an audit is carried out, or if the processing is illegal but you are opposed to the personal data being deleted.
- Right to decide on the guidelines governing the fate of your data after your death.
- Right to be removed or forgotten: you are entitled to obtain the removal of your personal data should any of the following reasons apply: (i) the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected; (ii) you withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal basis for the processing; (iii) you oppose the processing of your personal data and there is no compelling legitimate reason for your data to be processed; (iv) the processing of the data is illegal; (v) the data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to portability: you are entitled to obtain personal data that you have provided in a structured format or you may ask PNY to send them to another processing manager. This law is applicable if the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract, and if it is carried out using automated processes.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL): you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the CNIL if you consider that PNY does not meet its obligations as required under the regulations concerning the protection of personal data.
This means, that you are entitled to access the personal information that we collect, to correct or remove it. You may also at any time oppose the future processing of your personal information, or restrict such processing. You are entitled to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format.
In order to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information, we may ask you for information that allows us to confirm your identity and your right to access this information, and to search for and provide you with the personal information that we keep.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will reply to your request within a reasonable timeframe, and in any case in less than 30 days.
V-THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
VI-SECURITY, INTEGRITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
You must take precautions to guard against unauthorized access to your PNY products, your account information, and your computers and other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or your personal information has been compromised, please contact us immediately. In the event of a security breach, we will inform you promptly, as well as the relevant authorities if we are required to do so by law.
Your personal data are stored for the time necessary for completing the purposes for which they were collected and for the minimum storage time required by applicable law in particular civil and commercial legislation.
Personal data may be archived beyond the storage period described above in order to meet a legal obligation regarding retention or to assert a right in court.
ZAC du Phare
9 rue Joseph Cugnot
Copyright © 2020 PNY Technologies Europe. Tous droits réservés.